Whistler Public Library and Armchair Books have joined forces to start a Community Book Club! Free and open to all, the club meets on the last Wednesday of each month.
- When: Wednesday, April 24, 7 p.m.
- Where: Fireplace Lounge, Whistler Public Library
- Who: Everyone welcome, no registration required
- How much: Free
- Which book: The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani.
- Where to get a copy: Borrow at WPL or buy at Armchair Books (mention the book club and receive 15% off)
Synopsis: When Myriam, a French-Moroccan lawyer, decides to return to work after having children, she and her husband look for the perfect nanny for their two young children. They never dreamed they would find Louise: a quiet, polite, devoted woman who sings to the children, cleans the family's chic apartment in Paris's upscale tenth arrondissement, stays late without complaint, and hosts enviable kiddie parties. But as the couple and the nanny become more dependent on one another, jealousy, resentment, and suspicions mount, shattering the idyllic tableau. Building tension with every page, The Perfect Nanny is a compulsive, riveting, bravely observed exploration of power, class, race, domesticity, and motherhood--and the American debut of an immensely talented writer.