This program does not require registration!
February 20: Taxation in Canada
This session reviews taxes in Canada with emphasis on income tax:
- Types of Taxes
- Tax Deductions vs. Tax Credits
- Tax Brackets for different income types
- RRSPs and TFSAs - what is the right combination for you?
March 20: Basic Investing
This session covers the most basic forms of investment types. This includes:
- Stocks and bonds
- Types of Income: Dividends, Interest and Capital Gains
- Dollar Cost Averaging
- Mutual Funds & Exchange Traded Funds
April 10: More Investing
This session covers some of the more advanced forms of investing. Note, this is for information only.
- Leverage and Investing
- Real Estate Investing
- A brief introduction to Derivatives
Did you miss our fall sessions? Contact our Program Coordinator for the handouts from previous topics.
About the presenter:
Bill is an experienced business trainer and Whistler resident. Bill has presented the Money Matters Series at Whistler Public Library for the past four years.