Need a hand with your taxes? We will be offering in-person and virtual tax clinics for eligible individuals on Wednesdays, March 24 & 31 and April 7 & 14.
Call 604-932-0113 to confirm your eligibility and to register.
Find out about eligibility here.
This service is in high demand, so if possible, please consider filing your taxes online. It's free and easy! Here is a step-by-step guide to completing your return: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/income-tax/personal-income-tax/doing-your-taxes.html
Download free, CRA-certified tax software here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/certified-software-netfile-program.html
Individuals unable to prepare their income tax return on their own, low income individuals and social assistance recipients, newcomers to Canada, seniours, students, First Nations and simple tax situation.
Income Tax Program Income Thresholds: Taxpayer Status / Family Income
Single person / Up to $35,000
Two people - couple (must attend together) or parent with one child / Up to $45,000
Each additional dependent / Up to $2,500
Interest income less than / $1,000
What is a "simple" tax situation?
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:
- benefits such as the Canada Pension Plan, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program is a partnership between the Canadian Revenue Agency, the Whistler Public Library, the Whistler Community Services Society and the Whistler Welcome Centre.