Why breathe? Familiarize yourself with the natural tool of breath and how best to use it during times of unease. Create space to consciously reconnect to the physical body and support mental health through natural nervous system regulation.
- Restore balance
- Reduce anxiety
- Release and relieve stored stress
- Develop an awareness of your breath pattern and where your breath is being received within the physical body
- Increase immunity and circulation
- Strengthen lung capacity
- 15 minute explanation and open discussion about our breath and how it contributes to the health and function of our body. Benefits, precautions, fundamentals of the technique will be explained.
- 20-30 minutes of a guided deep and slow breathing technique introduced through a grounding meditation to encourage awareness of presence. You will be fully supported through vocal facilitation and provided music.
- 15 minutes for further discussion, questions, and to ensure attendees are supported as they integrate out of the breathing technique.
- Continued support will be available if required on an individual basis after the event.
This event will take place on Zoom, and registration is required to join the meeting. Space is limited, so email our Program Coordinator, Jeanette, at email@example.com to claim a spot, one per person. This workshop is intended for adults.
How is this different from current online breathwork workshops?
Your safety is our priority. This practice is a gentle yet powerful way of supporting mental health and creating balance within the body, however our nervous system has the capacity to trigger and respond in ways which can be unsettling or create further unease if not supported appropriately.
Through online offerings, it is essential that there is a respected capacity for each individual to be acknowledged as they need to be and are able to embody and experience a relaxing technique that does not encourage the opportunity for unsupported release or discomfort.
The technique offered during this event is one that can continue to be used within an individual's own time as needed.
Please note: Breathwork results in certain specific physiological changes in the body and also can result in intense, physical and emotional release. As such, there are physical and psychological conditions that do not mix well with the practice of breathwork, especially if you are isolated at home by yourself! If you have any concerns, please get in touch with Jeanette and she will connect you with the facilitator to answer your questions.