Mindfulness for Families: A 4-week Program for Kids in Grades 5/6/7 and their Grown-ups
Kids and their adults will learn about mindfulness in this interactive, community course focused on playing games that help participants explore and experience:
- Different ways of using their breath
- Letting go of challenging energy
- Paying close attention to things, on purpose!
- Tuning into what's going on inside and outside
Participating in the course means making a commitment to the following:
- Kids and their grown-ups join each of the four Zoom sessions.
- Kids and their grown-ups complete self-reflection exercises, and experiment and play with specific mindfulness tools between each of the four Zoom sessions, then report on their experiences in a community learning-focused Trello board.
If you have questions about this program or would like to register, email our Program Coordinator, Jeanette, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the facilitator:
Susan Reifer has practiced meditation for over 30 years. She is a registered yoga teacher and working journalist who has lived in the Whistler area for 20 years. She has always loved Whistler Public Library and is delighted to give back to our community. You can learn more about Susan at susanreifer.com.