The team at the Whistler Public Library is excited to welcome you back into the library! Starting Monday, October 26, the library will be launching 30-minute express browsing and borrowing, as well as computer access. We want to make sure our patrons and staff feel good about visiting the library and ensure you know what to expect so you can make the most of your visit.
You don't need to reserve a time for an Express Visit, simply visit the library during our open hours. You may have to wait in the lobby if we are at capacity when you arrive.
We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 in BC and will continue to adapt services based upon recommendations from the provincial health authorities, our Board, and local government. The library may be different for the time being, but we want you to know we are looking forward to seeing you and helping to meet your library needs.
What services are available during an express visit?
- Get a library card
- Browse the shelves
- Reading recommendations
- Holds pick-up
- Computer access up to 60 minutes per day
- Staff initiated printing, copying, and scanning
- Requesting materials from other libraries
- Purchase suggestions
- Wi-Fi access
- Universal washroom
What services are available outside of the facility?
- 24/7 Wi-Fi is available on the library plaza and in Florence Petersen Park
- 24/7 book drops are accessible to the left of our front doors
- Online resources are available to download books, films, music, and more or to learn a new skill
- Virtual events, programs, and storytimes
- Contact us if you are in need of delivery or contactless holds pick-up
- Temporary library card registration by phone or email
What services are not available at this time?
- Meeting room rental
- Seating and study spaces
- In-person programs (view our virtual events line-up)
- Toys and stuffed animals for children
- Story boxes
- Invigilation services
- Book donations
What safety protocols are in place?
- Staff and patrons will remain 2 metres (6 feet) apart at all times
- Masks must be worn in all municipal facilities - visit whistler.ca/masks for details on this policy
- Staff will wear masks when not behind Plexiglas barriers
- Social distancing decals are in place for those waiting in line
- Doorway signage will indicate yielding, entry, or exit
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected twice per day in addition to deep cleaning
- Occupancy limits
- Time limits
- A greeter will share safety information or help you with directions
- Cashless payments using credit or debit for your printing or account fees
- View the RMOW's complete safety plan: RMOW COVID-19 Safety Plan: October 23, 2020
- View Whistler Public Library's complete safety plan: WPL COVID-19 Safety Plan: December 7, 2020
Please stay home if:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
Public Health Information
Mental Health Resources
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Health Link BC
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Anxiety Canada