Highlights the benefits of becoming a Canadian citizen, how to apply, and help studying for the citizenship test.
- Road to IELTS - General Version
Helps newcomers prepare for the general International English Language Testing System exam. Focuses on basic skills in broad social and workplace contexts. Limited to 5 users at one time. Currently not compatible with Internet Explorer.
Road to IELTS - Academic Version
Helps students prepare for the academic International English Language Testing System exam, in order to apply for higher education or professional registration in an English speaking environment. Limited to 1 users at one time. Currently not compatible with Internet Explorer.
Whistler Welcome Centre
The Welcome Centre provides information, learning, and connections for immigrants and newcomers living and working in Whistler.
Hours, location & contact
Virtual client appointments: Monday to Friday, 1 to 3 p.m.
Settlement services help with:
- Accessing government and local services
- Understanding documents and application forms
- Canadian immigration and citizenship processes
- Health and healthcare information
- Social benefits – like Employment Insurance and Child Tax Benefit
- Employment information
- Banking, Finances and the Tax System in Canada
- Local community services and family programs
- Information sessions and speaker series
- ESL practice groups and one-to-one tutoring
- Workplace, skills, preparation and training
- Support for reading, writing, math and communication skills
- Immigrant Peer Educator program
Making strong connections:
- Culturing sharing events and activities
- Multicultural Community Kitchens
- Parenting in Another Culture
- Whistler Multicultural Festival
- Volunteer opportunities and partnerships