Please note: Library to Go services will not be available on Wednesday, July 1 due to the Canada Day holiday.
How does this new service work?
- Due to our new safety procedures and the popularity of this new service, it could take up to 3 weeks for the first hold on a currently available item to be filled. Thank you for your patience, while we work through the holds backlog.
- When your holds are ready for pick up you will receive a phone call and an email notification.
- Your holds will be automatically checked out to your account and placed in a paper bag labelled with your last name and first initial.
- Our regular due dates have been extended by 7 days.
- You will have 7 days to pick up your bag on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Your bag will be left in the lobby for self-pick up, organized alphabetically by last name.
- Certain format types (e.g. board games and story boxes) are not eligible for this service and are no longer visible in our catalogue.
- Due to our new safety protocols, please expect that there will be a delay between when you place your holds and when you will be contacted that they are ready to be picked up. This includes holds on available items.
How do I place a hold?
- Log into your online library account.
- Enter your library barcode from the back of your library card and your password, which is usually set as the last four digits of your phone number.
- Search our catalogue for a specific item, or check out the Browse tab to look through New Items, Staff Picks, Best Sellers and more.
- When you have found the item you want, click the Place a Hold button and then confirm your hold.
- Wait to be notified that your hold is ready for pick up by phone and email.
When can I pick up my hold?
When you've been contacted that your hold is ready for pick up, you can visit the library during the following times:
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What safety protocols are in place?
- Only 1 person is allowed in the lobby at a time.
- Those waiting will stand 2 metres (6 feet) apart on social distancing decals.
- Hand sanitizer will be used on the way in and out of the building.
- Patrons are instructed to only touch their own bag.
- A library staff member will verify that there are holds ready to pick up before you are permitted to enter the lobby. This staff member will answer simple questions while remaining socially distanced and will refer any detailed questions to other staff, who can answer safely by phone or email.
- Please note: there will be no elevator access to the lobby to ensure that there is a single, controlled entrance. Accessible parking is available across the street from the library, to the left of Town Plaza Medical Clinic.
- View the complete list of RMOW COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- View the complete RMOW COVID-19 Safe Work Plan
- View the complete WorkSafe BC COVID-19 Safety Plan
Please stay home if:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- We are available 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at email@example.com to help search the catalogue, to place or cancel holds, to find your next read, to help you access your online account, and to provide technology instruction and support.
- We can also help over the phone at 604-935-8435 on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
When can I return items?
All items checked out prior to our building closure, are now due back on June 1. Returns can be made using the exterior book drop 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being handled by staff. Please expect that your items will remain on your account for at least 72 hours after you’ve returned them.
Due to the volume of returns being made items may remain on your account for up to 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience and don't forget that we are a fines free library!
Can I renew my items?
Of course! You are welcome to renew any items that are not on hold for another patron. You can use your online account or you can call or email us to renew your items.