We welcome you to visit the library with your class, preschool, or daycare group.
Visiting the library or inviting one of our Youth Services staff to come to your class is a fantastic way to connect your students with all the exciting and useful resources freely available at the library. We are able to work with groups of all ages, from preschool to grade 12.
To arrange a visit, please contact Youth Services. A few helpful guidelines to keep in mind:
- The Youth Department team is small (but mighty!) and we usually require at least three weeks notice of your visit to ensure staff and the community room's availability.
- If possible, please provide us with a range of dates for your visit so we can find a mutually agreeable time.
- We try to tailor the visits as much as possible so they are useful for your students. Please give us as much information as you can on your current unit/theme of study, research project, etc.
- Visits are best between 9 and 10 a.m. before the library is open as we have more staff available to assist your class.
- We can accommodate one to two classes at a time, taking into account the day and time of the visit.
Options for your visit
- Introduction to the library's online resources.
- Research skills tailored to the age of your students.
- A tour of the Youth Services Department and "behind-the-scenes" areas.
- Book talks on material both new and tried and true. Stories kids and teens want to read!
- Storytime and/or age-appropriate read-aloud activities.