Class visits during COVID-19
While we are unable to welcome class groups into the library at the moment, we are happy to visit your class via Zoom or any other online meeting tool you are using with your students.
To arrange a visit, please contact Youth Services Librarian, Kaley O'Brien. A few helpful guidelines to keep in mind:
- The Youth Services team is small (but mighty!), and currently helping out in other departments around the library. Please give us at least three weeks notice of your ideal visit date to ensure staff can be available.
- If possible, please provide us with a range of dates for your visit so we can find a mutually agreeable time.
- We try to tailor the visits as much as possible so they are useful for your students. Please give us as much information as you can on your current unit/theme of study, research project, etc.
Options for your visit
- Introduction to the library's online resources and how to access our collections.
- Research skills tailored to the age of your students.
- Book talks on material both new and tried and true.
- Storytime and/or age-appropriate read-aloud activities.