Love the library? Please consider volunteering your time. Our dedicated team of Materials Management Support Volunteers help us with the following, each day of the week, beginning at 9 a.m. and ending around 11 a.m.
- Picking up our newspapers from Armchair Books and putting them out on display
- Pulling items on the holds list and filing these on the holds shelf
- "Sweeping" the library for items used-in house, and tidying up the shelves
- Shelving magazines and picture books
- Assisting with miscellaneous projects, such as shelf-reading, as needed.
Strong alphabetical and numerical literacy skills are preferred. Please email a short statement of interest and your availability to Chelsea at email@example.com.
Our Youth Services Department is also looking for Volunteers for the summer! We are looking for some extra hands to help with our Summer Reading Club -- weekly programs for kids aged 5-12 that include games, crafts, and other activities to support literacy and lifelong learning. We are looking for individuals to lend a hand throughout July and August at the following times:
- Mondays 3:00-5:30
- Tuesdays 9:30-12:00 and 3:00-5:30
- Thursdays 10:30-12:30
We are looking for confident and independent people who enjoy working with kids; some experience preferred. Please email a short statement of interest and your availability to Kaley at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that a Police Information Check will need to be completed to Volunteer in these positions.